Friday, May 8, 2009

Pictures from Camp in Maun
















Once again, I embarked on a camping adventure with the kids from my program, and some others from the community. We got to travel all the way to Maun, a large town in the northern part of Botswana, a whopping 10 hour busride away. The kids were thrilled to be able to see some very different scenery than that in the southern part of Botswana, including part of Moremi Game Reserve where we encountered hippos, elephants, giraffes, zebras, and many other exotic animals. Unfortunately I got heat stroke on the game drive and ended up throwing up... gross. But other than that I was happy to see Maun, since it will probably be my last time to see the amazing wildlife of Botswana before I return to the US. Just one more month before I finish Peace Corps, very strange to think about! Exciting and scary at the same time.

No comments: