Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A sad event

Life, true to form, is full of ups and downs. The last few weeks have brought some unfortunate events, the worst of which was the death of a fellow Botswana Peace Corps Volunteer, Cathy Saltwick. I did not know Cathy well, but the few times I spent time with her gave me the impression of someone who was truly kind, genuine, and very dedicated to helping others. She had a great sense of humor and will be missed by all of us. My friends designed a memorial blog for her at http://cathysaltwickmemory.blogspot.com/ if anyone is interested in reading about her.
On a lighter note, I'm excited there will be a new volunteer in Mochudi! His name is Rex and he'll be working with the District Aids Coordinator. I'm also looking forward to a trip to Namibia and Cape Town coming up later this month.

No comments: